Himalayan Crystal Salt BBQ and Serving plate
A particular extraordinary idea: a Salt Crystal Plate which can be pre-heated and used for gentle grilling, for keeping your food warm as well as for serving appetizers and finger food on a cold plate at a summer party.
Please put the BBQ plate into a COLD oven or onto a COLD BBQ and then pre-heat it
BBQ: Enjoy a culinary specialty by pre-heating the Salt BBQ Plate in the oven or on the BBQ for about 20 to 30 minutes at 250-300° C (482-572 F). Meat, fish, seafood or vegetables can be gently cooked with no fat – either inside the oven, on the BBQ or on the table.
When using the BBQ Plate on the table, please make sure to protect your table from heat. The high-quality, 100% natural and mineral-rich salt from the Himalayan region is hereby absorbed by the grilled food in a gentle manner. A light salty crust will enhance your grilled dishes.
After heating the Salt BBQ Plate, it will stay hot enough to refine your meat for about 30 minutes. If required, of course, two or more salt plates can be heated and then be used by turns.
For cleaning the plate: Please use running warm water only – no detergent what so ever. Allow the Salt BBQ Plate to air dry. Salt is antiseptic and guarantees a hygienic cleaning. The Salt BBQ Plate will last for a long time, since the actual abrasion while grilling is minimal.
A slight discoloration of the surface after use is due to the nature of the salt crystal.
Serving: The Salt BBQ Plate is also ideal for arranging and serving delicious food, such as appetizers, sushi or any other kind of finger food.
Hot plate: You can use the Salt BBQ Plate as a warming plate for bowls and pots to keep your cooked food warm for a long time. For this please pre-heat the Salt BBQ Plate in the oven as described above.
- put the BBQ plate onto a cold BBQ or into a cold oven, turn it on and preheat it at 250° – 300°C (482-572 F) for 25 – 30 minutes
- put your steak, chicken, fish, veggies onto the BBQ plat
- cook as long as you desire
- when your food is done turn oven/BBQ off, put the BBQ plate onto a cooling rack and leave until completely cooled
- run the BBQ plate under warm (NOT hot) water for a short time and wipe it down with a kitchen cloth or soft brush if needed
- put the BBQ plate back onto the cooling rack to let air dry (IN THE KITCHEN!)
- store the BBQ plate in a dry place
- seeing a slight discoloration, a change in the surface structure or tiny cracks in the plate after use is due to the nature of the salt crystal
- if used as a warming plate, please protect your table with a pad
- Do NOT leave the BBQ plate outside to cool down
- Do not leave the plate under running warm water for too long
- Do not put the BBQ plate into the dishwasher
- If you serve cold cuts please do not keep them on the plate for too long. They may become too salty
- DO NOT STORE THE BBQ PLATE OUTSIDE IN THE COLD!
SALT BBQ PLATE FOR COLD SERVING
- put your HCS BBQ plate into the freezer for at least 1 to 2 hours
- place thin sliced smoked salmon, melons, veggies etc. onto a stainless steel, ceramic or glass serving plate, which will absorb the cold from the salt plate
- put the serving plate with the prepared food onto the cold HCS plate
- it will keep your food cool for several hours